Create PDF Write e-mail Imprimir


I just watched this report on 60 Minutes with these parents that let their kids have a party and someone drove home drunk and killed themselves. I believe in Kansas they did not have a law against parents that allow parties, but have alcohol, as long as the parents did not supply it. Does anyone know in Arizona if there is a law against parents having parties with underage drinking, but if they did not supply it?


It is against Arizona law for parents to allow a party with underage drinking even if the parents did not supply the alcohol.  According to ARS 4-241(H), if:

  1. the adult lives in a home/apartment/etc., AND...
  2. the adult allows 2 or more minors to gather in the home/apt. etc., AND...
  3. the minors are not permanently living with the adult nor a close family member of the adult, AND...
  4. the adult knows there is underage drinking, THEN...

...the adult can be charged with a Class 1 Misdemeanor.  The punishment can be up to $2,500 or 6 months in jail.    


Viernes 23 de Julio de 2010
Viernes 23 de Julio de 2010

Tenemos 1042 invitados conectado