Create PDF Email Print


I am 16 my boyfriend is 19 and i think i might be pregnant. can my parents put him in jail because im a minor? is there anything i can do to stop it? and if i move in with him to raise our baby do i have to be emancipated?


Sexual conduct with a minor who is over fifteen years of age a class 6 felony (ARS § 13-1405)

The punishment for sexual conduct with a minor varies depending on who the offender is and what kinds of prior convictions they may have. In general, under Arizona Law (ARS § 13-604.01) the minimum punishment for a person convicted of sexual conduct with a minor in the first degree is a term of seventeen years in prison and registration as a sex offender.


Parents are responsible for their minor children. Your pregnancy does not mean that you are emancipated and so you are still under your parents' care. See the introductory information on Emancipation on the left side bar of the Speak Up! section on

Friday, 23 July 2010
Friday, 23 July 2010

Search the site | Ask question

Visit Other States

We have 200 guests online