Create PDF Email Print


I am 15 years old and I am planning to go to court and try and get emancipated from both my mom and dad, when I was 14 I had enough money to support for myself because I was working 3 jobs illegally going to school and still managing a 3.0 GPA, if they both sign, I am financially sufficent then will the court approve? And do I have to stay independant even after 3 months?


Since emancipation is a court process, we cannot say what the court may or may not do. However, you may want to look at the laws regarding emancipation on this website. You may also want to research what a person can and cannot do after emancipation as well as what additional responsibilities that person may have. Note that in order to petition for emancipation, the petitioner must be at least 16.

You may also want to take a look at the emancipation documents at the Superior Court in your county. For Maricopa County, you can find the documents on the Maricopa County Superior Court self service center website.

Friday, 23 July 2010
Friday, 23 July 2010

Search the site | Ask question

Visit Other States

We have 311 guests online